Me: I call myself Catwoman73- because I love cats, and I was born in 1973. Original, right? So, if you can do the math, you could probably figure out that I am 43 years old. I am a respiratory therapist by day (and night, and weekends, and holidays…), and a wife and mother of one beautiful daughter in the time that remains. I love to cook, read, write (No kidding!), and keep fit. And I LOVE to save money! It has become a bit of an obsession, really.
Hubby: 49 years old, letter carrier for Canada Post by day, musician by night, love of my life all the time. The most compassionate man in the world.
Our Daughter: A, age 6. The most charming, sweet girl ever born. She’s my proof that good things do sometimes happen.
Ten Other Facts About Me:
1) My daughter had a very large stroke two days after birth. It was a dark and scary time in our lives. I’m pleased to say, though, that she has made a full recovery. At least as far as we know. Like I said… proof that good things do happen.
2) I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology. I wasn’t sure what to do when I graduated, so I went on to become a respiratory therapist. I don’t like my job, and have fantasies about winning the lottery and quitting. It’s gonna happen… I swear…
3) I love cats. All animals, really, but cats especially. I had three at one time, and they have all passed away. We presently have a cat named Luna, much to Hubby’s dismay, as he just doesn’t love animals in the same way the wee woman and I do. I think he secretly loves her, though.
4) I love the outdoors- camping, hiking, canoeing… anything that takes me away from the stress of living in close quarters with other people. These activities make me feel peaceful, free and content, but I have not engaged in any of them in many years. I’m hoping to change that soon.
5) I want to travel. I don’t mean week-long trips to all-inclusive resorts- I mean real adventure travel. I went backpacking in Peru a few years back- that was the trip that gave me the bug. All I need now is time and money. This is where the whole notion of ‘winning the lottery’ pops up again…
6) A little while ago, a list of 239 movies was going around on Facebook- apparently, if you had seen over 85 of these movies, you have no life. I had seen 196 of them. I love movies. I could do without television (except for maybe The Walking Dead), but I’d lose my mind if I couldn’t watch movies. And apparently, I have no life.
7) I am an only child. I always felt like I missed out on something by not having a sibling, and this is why I was so determined to provide my daughter with one.
8) Some of my dearest friends are women that I’ve met through the online infertility community. Sometimes, good things come from bad situations.
9) I have a very sarcastic sense of humour. This may find its way into a few of my posts. Please don’t be offended.
10) I have absolutely no tolerance for people who are judgemental, rude, or disrespectful. This is why I kindly request that if you care to comment on a post, please be polite. You don’t have to agree with me, but be mindful of the words you choose. There’s a nice way to say pretty much anything.
Contact Me: email@example.com